Thursday, April 27, 2023

Minor Post #1 -- Alexandra Lavin

 In response to Aly's Core Post about the merger of HBO and Discovery and the bizarre PowerPoint slide about "genredom" and the male vs. female skew -- I have been guilty of being way too trusting of HBO as a brand because of my adoration for a lot of their programming. When one streaming platform hosts a vast majority of my favorite shows, and has the TCM tab, it's hard not to see them as some pillar of quality and thoughtfulness in an increasingly vapid television-scape. But of more recent times, information like this and the horrific renaming to simply Max makes me have to double back and reassess who I really have loyalty to. I agree with Aly that it's hard not to feel pessimistic when (as said in a tweet I can't find) the most respected name in television is being run by men who dream in powerpoint slides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment